incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 20:53:15 GMT
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni <giffunip@tutopia.com> wrote:
> Hi again;
>
> --- On Mon, 8/15/11, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:
>

>> The migration to Apache-Extras is the easy part,
>> right?  It is just Hg to Hg. So we maintain the
>> complete revision history that way.
>>

> Iff apache-extras offers sufficient space for the
> repository.
> Actually, I am not very worried about losing all the
> history: Apache OO is rather a fresh start anyways.

The quota is 4GB per project.  I'm not sure what the overhead from Hg
is, but the file system size, uncompressed, is around 1.8 GB.  And
that is just the tip of the trunk.

But one encouraging thing is mentioned in their FAQs [1]:

"What other limits exist?

There are disk-space quota limits for both issue tracker attachments
and total Subversion repository size, along with a limit on how many
total projects you are able to create. If you hit these limits, please
contact us via our Google Group or email
google-code-hosting@googlegroups.com directly to discuss the
situation."

So it is possible that we can request expanded space for this repository

If we wanted to ask for expanded space, does anyone know how much we
would need?

[1] http://code.google.com/p/support/wiki/FAQ#Hosted_Tools

>> If someone has a more elegant solution, then, as always,
>> "Patches are Welcome".
>>

> One thing I do suggest is to do a raw import from the Hg
> tip. You wrote:
>
>> I then moved these into a common directory structure,
>> as Ingrid had earlier suggested:
>>
>> ooo/trunk/core --- all the OOO340 stuff
>> ooo/trunk/l10n -- all the language stuff
>
> Please do the directory rearrangement in SVN. I have no
> objection to moving stuff but if it's possible to match
> the old history later on, having these changes out of SVN
> won't help.

I didn't change any paths within the OOo repositories.  I only placed
those entire legacy trees within the existing SVN so they patch our
existing conventions and don't conflict with each other.

>> > Will we also lose the bugzilla database? :-(
>> >

>> Why would we loose Bugzilla?
>>

> Because no one is working on it? Not even the test
> import has been done.

I look at it this way:  What do we need to do to "unblock" the
greatest number of people on the project?  Getting the wiki migrated
enables many contributors.  Getting SVN working does the same.
Bugzilla is mainly useful once we are actively coding.  So I am not
worried that it is not migrated yet.  But I will be worried if no one
is working on it soon.