incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Give the BHV publishing house in Kaarst/Germany the permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:08:54 GMT
On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Peter Junge <peter.junge@gmx.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose --*seeking lazy consensus*-- that the BHV publishing
> GmbH, Novesiastrasse 60, D-41564 Kaarst (Germany) is permitted to use the
> OpenOffice.org logo and trademark for their book (in preparation)
> "OpenOffice.org 3.3 für Ein- und Umsteiger" [1] [2], means something like
> "OOo 3.3 for beginners and people who are migrating" in English. This
> package includes a handbook (printed and eBook) and a DVD with the OOo
> binaries. The OOo logo and trademark would be used on the book cover, within
> the book and on the label of the DVD. BHV has been publishing similar books
> for previous versions of OOo for many years, e.g. [3].
>
> I would like to advocate granting the OOo logo usage to BHV, as such books
> foster the public visibility of OOo.

Hi Peter, Thanks for bringing this request back as a formal proposal.
That helps make it concrete exactly what you are asking for.

A minor suggestion:  I don't think we (as the PPMC) have the ability
to approve a request.  Only Apache Branding can do that.  But what we
can do is give a recommendation to Apache Branding.

So, if this is acceptable to you, could we re-word your proposal as:

==================

Proposed:  The Apache OpenOffice.org Podling recommends to Apache
Branding that permission to use the OpenOffice.org trademark and logo
be granted to BHV publishing GmbH, Novesiastrasse 60, D-41564 Kaarst
(Germany)  for their book (in preparation) "OpenOffice.org 3.3 für
Ein- und Umsteiger" [1] [2].  This  package includes a handbook
(printed and eBook) and a DVD with the OOo binaries. The OOo logo and
trademark would be used on the book cover, within the book and on the
label of the DVD. BHV has been publishing similar books for previous
versions of OOo for many years, e.g. [3].

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/OpenOfficeSkribble.jpg
[2] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.odt (including
ISBN code)
[3] http://www.amazon.de/dp/3826673476?m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&tag=idealoversand-21