incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS| Info message to post on dev@api and dev@extensions
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 13:47:32 GMT
2011/8/30 J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> as the former project lead of the API and Extensions project i would like to
> post the following message on the dev@api.openoffice.org and
> the future of these mailing lists. I will probably post something similar to
> the other project related mailing lists but the dev@ lists are the most
> relevant.The main goal is to inform and bring the subscribers over to the
> new Apache project and the ooo-dev list for further communication and what
> is more important to join the project actively.
>
> Comments are welcome.

Maybe give the ooo-dev-subscribe address the first time you mention
the mailing list?

Also, "I would like to inform you" sounds (to me at least) cold and
bureaucratic.  Maybe soften it up with variations like "I want to let
you know", "I'm pleased to announce",  "I'd like to share with you
that..." or "You will want to know that..."

Otherwise, this is great!

-Rob