incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: User support - what do others do
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:35:13 GMT
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> Simon,
>
> There is no doubt violent agreement about forums.
>
> I still would prefer to have some list *also* (after all, odf-user@a.i.o is apparently
there already) but I can always satisfy my personal workflow preferences and find lists to
support users on.  Maybe I can scratch my support and QA itch on StackOverflow.  I would
especially want a list for ooo-accessibility@i.a.o once we recognize how that matters.

Maybe the solution is to have a user list, but not a user support
list?  So a place for users to discuss things, in list-style threads,
but if someone is clearly looking for support, we direct them to the
support forums?