incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:57:55 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 5:32 AM, Jean Weber <jeanweber@gmail.com> wrote:
> When users see what looks like an email address in the context of "support", they typically
think it is a help desk, not a mailing list (and they may not even know what a mailing list
is). A forum is not going to be mistaken for a "help desk" email address. So I think Terry
and others are correct that we could dispense with providing an equivalent to the users list
at OOo.

> --Jean

That is a good point, one I had not thought of.

We need to remember that the average user seeking support is not an
email power user. They are not a master of mailing lists, inbox
filters/rules, etc.   This is also probably true of some of the
volunteers who wish to help support users.