incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: OOO Test Bugzilla instance
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 14:48:31 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org> wrote:
> As per [1], all user passwords (except those for ASF infra users with
> system admin privs) have been reset to:
>
> password
>
> Assuming no show stopper issues are reported on [1] before 23.59 UTC
> Monday 29 August 2011 then ASF infra will work with Oracle to make the
> existing bugzilla instance read only and move the latest data to the ASF.

For the production instance, are we preserving the original
login/passwords, or will they also be all set to "password"?

If for some reason we cannot preserve the user's account access via
their former password, I think we should either force a reset at their
first login attempt, or if that is not available, set all passwords to
a random password, which essentially forcies the user to reset their
password.