incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:06:33 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 8:48 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote on Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 08:32:19 -0400:
>> Is anyone planning on actually reviewing the dump file, e.g., loading
>> it into a local repository, checking it out and looking at the
>> resulting source tree?
>
> First, need to review history too, not just a checkout of HEAD.

We're only checking in the tip of the trunk into SVN.  The history is
going to Apache-Extras, and remaining in Hg.  I don't see how you
would use the history to verify a SVN repository that does not contain
the history.  But if you think you really need to reference it for
verification purposes, you can get it at:

http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340

and

http://hg.services.openoffice.org/master_l10n/OOO340/

Obviously the SVN dump does carry a history as well, but it is
trivial:  Revision 1 "Initial Import"

> Second, it would be very useful if someone did that on an
> Internet-accessible box; it's MUCH easier to review a dump
> after it has been loaded somewhere.

Making a local svn repository and loading the dump file is easy:

svnadmin create aooo

svnadmin load aooo <ooo-dump

You don't need much free disk space for this.  2 GB should be sufficient.

Of course, if someone can do that on a server, it is even easier.