incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject [From dev@openoffice.org] Parallel functions in OpenOffice spreadsheet
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:37:29 GMT
Forwarding a recent question sent to dev@openoffice.org that was not
responded to.  Let's take this as an opportunity to grow the
community.  I'm cc'ing the original poster.

-Rob

---------------------------------------
    From: dennis <dennisgro@gmail.com>
    To: dev@openoffice.org
    Subject: [dev] Parallel functions in OpenOffice spreadsheet
    Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 21:23:42 +0300

Hello,
My name is Dennis Groisman and I am a student at Ben Gurion University
in Be'er Sheva, Israel.
I'm studying electronics and computer engineering. Me and my
colleague, Tal Benach, are starting a project that involves speeding
up spreadsheet functions with long computation time by parallel run on
more than one core or even on a computing cloud/grid.
We would be very glad if you could assist us by answering some of our questions:

* Do you have any information about projects similar to ours?
* Where can we get a list of functions implemented for OpenOffice?
* Do you know about "slow" functions that need a speed-up in
spreadsheet OpenOffice?
* Which OS is better when working in OpenOffice? Windows or Linux?
* Where can we get the most up-to-date version of a spreadsheet source code?

We both thank you for your assistance,
Dennis Groisman and Tal Benach