incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 15:17:45 GMT
On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:22 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Stephan Bergmann wrote on Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 15:46:33 +0200:
>> On Aug 16, 2011, at 8:41 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> > By request I've created a new SVN dump file, this time from Linux.
>>
>> I would make the commit log more detailed than just "initial import,"
>
> Then edit it post-import.

There are a few things we need to get right before import:

1) What repositories and what revisions are we importing?

2) Do we have the basic directory structure right? (Could fix that
later, but easier to get it right initially)

3) Are we mangling the files when converting, e.g., eol style,
executable bit, etc.  (We have issues with around 10 files, which I
have excluded from this import.  We can add them post import)

I think we have the basics right.  At least no one has said otherwise.
 I have not heard any issues raised that can be easily fixed
post-import.

We should all remember that right now, I am the only able to make
changes to this dump file, and re-running this
import/verify/dump/gzip/transfer process takes hours to turn around,
since I'm running it on an old laptop.  But as soon as we get this on
the server, any committer can make a change, and doing so will take
them 30 seconds.

Getting this on the server will allow us to make improvements in parallel.

-Rob