incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] RE: SVN and bringing the total end-to-end OOo project under Configuration Management
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 00:39:22 GMT
On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>

> Much clipped to save space.
>>
>> Look at http://www.oooforum.org  They get tons of traffic though they
>> are independent of the OOo and get no advantage from the URL or any
>> official relationship to the project.
>>

> If you look on the support page at OOo you will find the oooforum listed as
> The (unofficial) OpenOffice forum.  The "Official" forum is not listed.

If I go to the support page [1] I see a link that says:

"The OpenOffice.org Community Forum -- The premier forum for
OpenOffice.org users; immensely useful and recommended"

I only see the "unofficial" forum down at the bottom, under "Other Free Support"

But even that is fine.  We can link to other sources of information
from the project's websites.  We ought to. The universe does not begin
and end with Apache OpenOffice.  But for that part of the universe
which is in Apache OpenOffice, the word "Apache" means something.

[1] http://user.services.openoffice.org/