incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <>
Subject Re: Spam on
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:48:21 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 11:42 AM, drew <> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 08:19 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>> Fred Juan DIAZ,
>> I agree that it is important to clean up those lists.
>> I just wanted to be accurate that it is not a spam attack in the usual sense, if
those are the problems.  It is only on some of the lists, and it is only as an echo from
posts by others on those lists.  So the idea would be to block that sender and then remove
the list subscriber(s) that are bouncing in this manner.
>> My main point is there does not to be anyone here who has the authority to administer
the forums, and that you have to find someone who does have that authority.
>> I.e., take the problem to someone who can do something about it.  Do you know anyone
that you can reach directly?
>> If all of the current administrators have abandoned and no one
knows how to reach them to solve this problem, we need the assistance of someone from Oracle.
>> Otherwise we will have to wait until the already overworked volunteer manages to
move the forums to Apache infrastructure.  I understand that is damaging to the
forums.  We can do only what is in our power to do.
> For mailing lists you will need to go to Oracle for help at this point I
> believe - there is no one at the forums (I assume your remark was
> referring to Terry) that could ever have helped with that.

Another solution is to propose a new users-fr.i.a.o list, get some
moderator volunteers and just shut down the old fr list.  The current
list is not really in a maintainable state if we need to go to Oracle
for things like this.  So rather than setting up a situation where it
is fixed today but could easily break again tomorrow, let's move it to
Apache now.

> With  JBF having left for idea personally, but maybe Hagar or
> one of the other fr admins could help here with a correct name -
> actually just went to ask them, but alas it seems the
> forums are unreachable currently :(
> //drew

View raw message