incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ooo-user] was RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 18:10:45 GMT
Something else to think about for the ooo-users list: file attachments.

The default policy appears to be forbid many attachments, silently
stripping them.  This would cause chaos on a list used for end-user
support, since they will naturally want to attach sample documents,
screen shots, etc., that illustrate their problems.

Of course, allowing all attachments unconstrained by type and size is
also a path to chaos.

Any recommendations for what we should enable?

-Rob

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Rob Weir <rob@robweir.com> wrote:
> Great.  Thanks.  Could we get a couple more moderator volunteers, say
> a couple from Europe?   Note that a user list will require more
> moderator assistance than a dev list, with people having difficulties
> signing off, with need to remove people with badly behaving
> out-of-the-office agents, etc.
>
> -Rob
>
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Kazunari Hirano <khirano@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Dennis and all,
>>
>> I will take care of CJK users and questions.
>> :)
>> Thanks,
>> khirano
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 6:34 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Hey, over here (waving arm in the air)!
>>>
>>> Yes, I will moderate ooo-users.
>>>
>>> Do you need a minimum of three?
>>>
>>> It would also be good to have one additional so we can handle the occasional
CJK and Eastern European message that comes in, maybe others too, depending on what committers
we have.  (At least to help us tell the difference between spam and user inquiries.)