incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: <id>@openoffice.org
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:07:07 GMT
On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 3:36 PM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> On 8/22/2011 15:31, Andy Brown wrote:
>>
>> TJ Frazier wrote:
>>>
>>> +1
>>> I volunteer to help with the long-range problems (karma and fu assumed).
>>> --/tj/
>>
>> I am willing to help as well. The only question is how do we get access
>> to the OOo bugzilla to clean it up before moving it to the ASF?
>>
>> Andy
>>
> Strongly suggest we just move it as-is. We *know* how to get access here.

Dumb question, but does anyone really like Bugzilla?  Do users think
it is easy to use?  Or are they always complaining about it?

This might be a good opportunity to move to JIRA, a solution which
I've heard others recommend as more appropriate for larger project.

There is also a supported conversion utility, and it does preserve the
Bugzilla issue ID's:

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/tour/bugzilla-importer.jsp

JIRA might also be a faster way to get this set up.  Compare that to
the work required to get Apache Infrastructure to support the
customized version of BZ used by OOo.