incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:09:03 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote on Mon, Aug 01, 2011 at 20:45:09 -0400:
>> Apache OpenOffice is a new Apache project.  That's why we're in the
>> Incubator.  That's why we have Mentors.  That's why, if we do not
>> demonstrate reasonable progress in acting like an Apache project, we
>> can be shut down at our Quarterly Review.  The next one is in 3 weeks.
>
> No one has quarterly reviews every four weeks.

Our next quarterly review is in 3 weeks.  We just got a note request
that we submit the report yesterday.  I thought it was odd as well,
but was told that new Podlings submit reports every month for the
first three months.

> Suggesting that the Incubator PMC will reject your July report with the
> message "Sorry, rejected, podling closed" is FUD.

No, not in July.  But we need to start making progress.  Digging in
and saying "we've always done it this way" rather than giving Apache a
try is not a healthy sign, IMHO.  Or maybe this is just the case of a
couple who decides to get married and then finds out, much to their
sudden distress, that they now must share closet space.

-Rob