incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Scope/Mission of AOOo
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 13:14:06 GMT
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> If you have withdrawn that proposal, then please state so and share
>> with us with your new proposal.  I'd love to hear it.
>>

> I still believe we need a realistic discussion around those topics, Rob.
> Your view appears to be that proposals are immutable and to be accepted or
> rejected rather than considered, adapted and evolved. I just gave you
> proposals for discussion and I invite you to attempt positive and
> constructive discussion around them rather than conducting endless
> standards-committee-points-scoring.

Could you point us to your proposal?  Or should we still be looking at
your earlier proposal, the one I linked to?  When you have a new
proposal, I'll be glad to comment.

But note that a proposal to discuss something isn't really a proposal.
 A proposal is a proposal for a particular action.  We should try to
limit undirected chatter on this list.  This is a working list, for
AOOo dev.  We need to preserve focus.

-Rob