incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 01:11:36 GMT
On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:06 PM, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:

> On 8/1/2011 5:45 PM, Rob Weir wrote:
> <snip>
>>
>> I was talking about access controls. I was not talking about existing
>> content and whether we need to delete it. For the later question, we need to
>> do some IP review. If the copyright on the wiki pages was assigned to
>> Sun/Oracle, then they can grant it to us under a compatible license.
>
> For the Wiki it is probably best to move forward under the assumption that
> copyright may not have been assigned to Sun/Oracle.
> Transferring the hosting of the Wiki is something that is probably not
> problematic, but it is unlikely there will be any grant associated with the
> content.

Hmmm...  so one approach would be to treat it like the source code.
Migrate it all over to Apache and then do an IP review.  If there are
parts that we find we may not use, then we either delete or move to
apache-extras.  But move it all over now, and then lock it down to
allow only committer write access until we've completed the IP review.