incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: users-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev-JNqQRFIbOJOM4zKIHC2jIg-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg@public.gmane.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 23:08:53 GMT
On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Larry Gusaas <larry.gusaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2011-08-23 4:21 PM  Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> So the English support forum has 613 *active threads* for August
>> alone.  In many cases that multiplies out to multiple posts per
>> thread.  So the forum traffic dwarfs the mailing list traffic.
>
> Perhaps you should compare to the LibreOffice user support list since they
> have active development. There were 335 post to that list in the last week.

Do you have any reason to think that with a new release, that support
questions to forum and mailing lists would not increase by a similar
factor?  Contrary any other evidence that would be the most natural
assumption.

>>> I am very pleased to hear that providing user support is not important.
>>
>> That really doesn't add to the conversation, Larry.
>
> Neither does your repeated negativity about mailing lists. Or your throwing
> in red herrings like the number of mailing lists OOo has, most of which
> aren't support lists.

Stick around a few more days.  Every week or so we get another thread
suggesting that we should create more mailing lists.  Support lists
are list the latest reincarnation of this..  So it is relevant that
this tendency, unopposed, led to hundreds of lists for OOo.

-Rob