incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:41:57 GMT
By request I've created a new SVN dump file, this time from Linux.

As before, I brought down the OOO340 trunk and the language repositories:

hg clone http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340
hg clone http://hg.services.openoffice.org/master_l10n/OOO340/

I then moved these into a common directory structure

ooo/trunk/main --- all the OOO340 stuff
ooo/trunk/extras/l10n -- all the language stuff

Note that, based on feedback, this differs from the directory
structure I had previously.

I removed the .Hg directories before proceeding, so I had a clean local copy.

I then created a local SVN repository, enabled auto-props to get the
proper EOL treatment and imported the project.

During local svn import I received several error messages like this:

"svn: Inconsistent line ending style"

The following files gave this error:

/ooo/trunk/core/dictionaries/de_DE/README_hyph_de_DE.txt
/ooo/trunk/core/dictionaries/de_CH/README_hyph_de_CH.txt
/ooo/trunk/core/dictionaries/de_AT/README_hyph_de_AT.txt
/ooo/trunk/core/gettext/gettext-0.18.1.1.patch
/ooo/trunk/core/apache-commons/patches/codec.patch
/ooo/trunk/core/libcroco/libcroco-0.6.2.patch
/ooo/trunk/core/testautomation/writer/optional/input/import/mactext.txt
/ooo/trunk/core/graphite/graphite-2.3.1.patch
/ooo/trunk/core/hwpfilter/source/hwpeq.cpp
/ooo/trunk/core/solenv/bin/cwstouched.pl
/ooo/trunk/core/readlicense_oo/html/THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html
/ooo/trunk/core/writerfilter/source/doctok/escher.html
/ooo/trunk/core/writerfilter/source/odiapi/qname/resource/office2003/WordprocessingML
Schemas/xsdlib.xsd
/ooo/trunk/core/writerfilter/source/odiapi/qname/resource/office2003/WordprocessingML
Schemas/wordnetaux.xsd
/ooo/trunk/core/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/body.xsl
/ooo/trunk/core/filter/source/xslt/odf2xhtml/export/common/styles/style_mapping_css.xsl

Whereas previously I tried to fix these files with dos2unix, this time
I simply omitted them from the import.   The automated "one size fits
all" approach did not seem right since some of these files, e.g., the
mactext.txt, appear to be intentionally using weird EOL conventions.

We'll need to resolve these cases individually and add them to the new
repository, eventually.  In some cases we might decide to treat them
as binary files, in other cases we could dos2unix them, in other cases
we'll need to convert the character encoding from UTF-16 to UTF-8.
But we can figure that out later.

You can download the new dump file from:  www.robweir.com/ooo-dump-new.gz

md5sum of the unzipped ooo-dump file is:   a6651e98b1a92f5158a08921e85a7a3a

-Rob