incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] RE: SVN and bringing the total end-to-end OOo project under Configuration Management
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 18:52:33 GMT
On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:
> Hi Rob
>
> So you want to split the community into a official apache and a inofficial
> extendet community? That will happend if you will fellow strictly the apache
> way. Then we will have the Development here and the rest outthere. If this
> is good or bad, I don't know. But if it's like that, we should start to
> organize te inofficial Community.

Are there some aspects of the Apache Way that the OOo community does not like?

    * collaborative software development

    * commercial-friendly standard license

    * consistently high quality software

    * respectful, honest, technical-based interaction

    * faithful implementation of standards

    * security as a mandatory feature [1]

I'd be interested in hearing why these aspects of the Apache Way are
unacceptable.  Maybe it would help if you explained what you think are
the core beliefs of the OOo community and where they are in conflict
with the above.

Regards,

-Rob

[1]: http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html