incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 14:49:08 GMT
On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:25 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 14 Aug 2011, at 14:24, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> We have a trademark policy that states what uses are permitted without
>> additional permission, and which uses may be allowed with specific
>> permission from Apache.  The policy does not differ based the
>> incorporation status of the requestor.  However, the application of
>> the policy, on a case by cases basis, will obviously take into account
>> the specific circumstances of the request.
>
> All true with regard to the use of trademarks, but mostly orthogonal to the question
of the AOOo project's attitude towards third-party fundraisers. AOOo is in a unique position
compared with all prior Apache projects of which I am aware and the various comments on this
thread indicate we need to give thoughtful and clear guidance.

Agreed.  But this guidance comes in response to thoughtful and clear
proposal from an organization that wishes to use the trademark.