incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 16:45:50 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2011, at 16:53, Rob Weir wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton
>> <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
>>> -1
>>>
>>> Hey, a terrific blow for community there, Rob!
>>>
>>> Please don't ever do that again for a matter under active discussion.  Not ever.
>>>
>>> I urge you to revert those changes.
>>>

>> I disagree.   Bikeshedding on the list is not an impediment to action.
>> I implemented one of the proposals discussed on the list. It is in
>> SVN.  If someone feels strongly, they can revert.  But note that in
>> CTR, -1's are invalid unless accompanied by technical objections, a
>> statement of an alternative proposal and a willingness to implement
>> the alternative.
>
> You win, you are indeed a master of standards chess and navigating rules. I am not going
to the incredible effort that would be required for me to tinker with what you've done there;
the "just submit a patch" thing is too high a barrier for something so minor.

Simon, it would be sufficient to put a note on the list with a link to
whatever wiki page you create.  I, or any other committer, would be
able to craft an appropriate sentence to work that into the mailing
list page.