incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: [Repo][Proposal] OOO340 SVN Dump file import
Date Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:22:59 GMT
On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 1:08 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2011 12:46 -0400, "Rob Weir" <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>> In each case, the error aborted the import which had to then be
>> restarted from the top.  So it was a slow process, finding all of
>> these problem files.  Possible solutions could include adding them as
>> binary (not text) files, or editing them (dos2unix, e.g.) to make
>> their EOL style consistent.  I did the latter.
>>

> Or, don't set svn:eol-style.  svn will treat a file as an opaque blob of bytes when
such properties aren't set (which is the default).

But is there an easier way of finding out what files had inconsistent
EOL styles short of doing an import?  That was the most painful part
of the process.  In the end, these were text files, files we'll want
to be able to diff and bring down and edit with text editors in
Windows and in Linux, so it was important to get them into a
consistent style.

>> I then did an svnadmin -c dump >ooo-dump to create a dump file of this
>> repository.
>>

> 'svnadmin dump' doens't take '-c'.
>
> It does take --deltas, though.

You are correct. The -c was on the gzip, not the svadmin dump