incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <apa...@robweir.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:38:02 GMT
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net> wrote:
> Rob Weir wrote:
>>
>> Another aspect I'd love to see addressed in the proposal:
>>
>> What other roles exist in the wiki?
>>
>> I know about:
>>
>> - Users (which we say may be anyone, provided they identify themselves
>> and agree to the license)
>>
>> - Admins, which as we know need to be committers
>>
>> But any other roles?  Moderators?  Any form of super users?  How are
>> these appointed/approved?  How does the PPMC exercise oversight?
>>
>> -Rob
>>

> I will add something on this as well.  Thanks for the info.

I poked around and found this page:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Statistics

This lists some additional roles (with counts)

Administrators (26)
Bureaucrats (4)
Editors (20)
Reviewers (5)

Those are in addition to 35,020 User accounts.

Curiously, it reports only 5 of the 35,020 users as having been active
in the past 7 days.

How we authorize people for these roles and what qualifications are
required for these roles is an important question.

There are a similar set of questions we should ask about the support
forums, what the roles are and how PPMC oversight maps to them.

-Rob