incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Weir <robw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ooo-user] was RE: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:09:24 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:56 PM, Marcus (OOo) <marcus.mail@wtnet.de> wrote:
> Am 08/31/2011 08:10 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>
>> Something else to think about for the ooo-users list: file attachments.
>>
>> The default policy appears to be forbid many attachments, silently
>> stripping them.  This would cause chaos on a list used for end-user
>> support, since they will naturally want to attach sample documents,
>> screen shots, etc., that illustrate their problems.
>>
>> Of course, allowing all attachments unconstrained by type and size is
>> also a path to chaos.
>>
>> Any recommendations for what we should enable?
>
> Do you mean ooo-users@ ? Or ooo-support@ ?

ooo-users, the future home of users@openoffice.org

Like the existing list, it would not be exclusively support.  It would
be used for discussions, new feature  ideas, etc., whatever users want
to post (within reason).

We can't prevent users from posting support questions there.  Heck, we
can't prevent them from posting support questions on ooo-dev.  But we
can steer support questions to a more appropriate venue where needed.