incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 14:03:32 GMT
On 3 August 2011 14:45, Andre Schnabel <Andre.Schnabel@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Rob,
>
> > Von: Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>
>

> > Sorry, replacing Andre's speculation with your speculation is not the
> > same as introducing facts.
>
> I did not do any speculation in my mail, the only thing I did was
> to quote (again) Manfred's questions (that you did not see before).
>
> A simple:
> - no I did not poke the data from a year ago
> and
> - no I will not speculations why access to OOo wiki is increasing or
> decreasing
>
> would have been sufficient answers.
>

> There is no need to try to find something in my mails what I didn't
> actually write.
>
> regards,
>
> André

By informed hypothesis I meant TerryE's

"Once you've got to grips with OOo and have been through a release cycle
then you will come to understand the basic rhythm of update activity.
Whilst scoping the content of a new version and the dev releases there is an
upturn in R/W activity as members reflect this in the wiki and use the wiki
to collaborate on ideas. Following the release, there is a hump in end-user
demand both to learn about new features or because this has triggered rework
of macros, etc.  A good way to kill the update rates and drop the read rates
is to stall the upgrade cycle as happened back in April.  This is the main
cause of the read and update trends that we are discussing. "

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick, if so, sorry. I'll go back to what I
think I can do to have the biggest effect on OOo take up. (My own informed
opinion, or perhaps speculation ;-) )

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940