incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com>
Subject Fundraising
Date Sat, 13 Aug 2011 12:42:26 GMT
Shane wrote:

"Note that the issue of monetary contributions and/or donations is a major
one, especially since there are real policy differences between how
OpenOffice.org used to work under Sun/Oracle and how the ASF does it's
fundraising.  In particular, the ASF has a fundraising@apache.org team and
VP who work on fundraising for all projects; individual projects do not
specifically solicit for funds (other than to link to the ASF Sponsorship
page, etc.)."

"I would urge the PPMC to start a separate thread dealing with the
contributing.oo.o page, the relationship with SPI, and any other fundraising
matters."

"Get a description of any pre-existing ways that funds might have come into
the project in the recent past, figure out a proposed plan for what the PPMC
would like to do in the future, and then work with fundraising@ (a privately
archived list) to move forward."

As suggested I'm starting a new thread. As a start can anyone post here any
ways that they know OOo generated funds and if possible the main contact
details of those leading that project.

Team OOo is the one I think most people are familiar with but what about any
others?

--
Ian

www.theINGOTs.org +44 (0)1827 305940