incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Lohmaier <cl...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: Converting the repo using mercurial's convert extension
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 19:12:58 GMT
Hi Andrew, *,

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Andrew Rist <andrew.rist@oracle.com> wrote:
> On 8/2/2011 7:25 AM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:42 PM, Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrechtien@web.de>
> wrote:
> On 07/28/2011 04:32 PM, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> --- On Thu, 7/28/11, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
>
> The script to do the mapping is attached [...]
>
> unfortunately attachments don't make it through the listserver.

Sorry, It at lets patches and attached signatures pass, so I was just
hoping a text-attachment would make it as well...

> can you list the steps you are following in more detail (even a dump of your
> term history) and upload the scripts to svn?

I won't upload to svn, as I'm not a committer (and have no intentions
to sign the iCLA)

But I pasted it here
http://pastie.org/2310454

> I'll try to set up a conversion and dumps closer to the source to see how we
> can speed up this process.
> Andrew

So next step here is to create a svn dump, pass it through
svndumpfilter to only keep trunk and populate a new repo with that,
then attempt the hg conversion.
If that fails because svn is "ahead" of mercurial, do the same but
only dump up to the last matched version. That way you still will have
the time-benefit but not all svn's history.

ciao
Christian