incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Tor Lillqvist <...@iki.fi>
Subject Re: Commit messages
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 15:53:17 GMT
>> I'd like to see commit log/messages containing the number of fixed issue referenced
and no commit
>> messages without that number.

So people would not be allowed to improve things without first filing
issues? Isn't that the kind of bureucracy that gave OOo a bad
reputation among people who then created LibreOffice?

Also, having an issue number in the commit message is not really that
helpful, if the commit message is a short one-liner, the bug report
doesn't describe what the changed/added/fixed code actually does
either, and no useful comments are added.

--tml