incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: User support: beyond forums or lists
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 18:59:25 GMT
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 1:26 PM, TJ Frazier <tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> How well could forum code provide email-like
> interaction for the providers? E.g., Email for new topics / comments of
> interest; link for fast reply entry. Email /for/ entry? Some of this is
> probably available already. Design input from providers would be nice.

I think someone already asked this, but what about the inverse of
this?  A forum-like interface for email?  I personally think the
current Apache email archive interface is atrocious...it doesn't even
have a search function.

If a sufficiently forumesque interface were added to Apache mailing
lists, with form-based subscriptions, it might be acceptable to a lot
of users.

Don