incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache project community and external community
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 06:31:06 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 06:30, Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

>> * The fact that we have to rewrite all the documentation including
>> translation cause Lisence Issues
>>

> There may be other options here.  For example, when IBM donates the
> Symphony code, we can also contribute the documentation and
> translations.  This is all original work from us, which we can give
> under ALv2.

I read this after writing my earlier notes. I'm very glad to see that
there may be possibilities that I hadn't realised: if we can base the
AOO user guides on the Symphony guides (assuming Symphony has end-user
guides of appropriate detail), then the problems I mentioned can
probably be circumvented. I certainly hope so!

--Jean