incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jean Weber <jeanwe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: An example of the license problems we're going to face
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 05:33:53 GMT
On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 02:45, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> I believe that is correct.  I have seen Jean Hollis Weber mention CC-BY-SA, but I recall
only seeing CC-BY (with GPL as dual license).  That is continuing with the LibreOffice editions,
which are under GPL 3+ and CC-BY 3+.

In the English user guides, there is one chapter in the Calc Guide (Ch
8, on DataPilot) that is CC-BY-SA because it is a (now heavily
modified) translation of a German document that had the CC-BY-SA
license. All other chapters are CC-BY (with, as you note, GPL as dual
license).

I believe that some of the docs in other languages (such as German)
may be under CC-BY-SA, but I don't know; I've never had any need to
find out.

--Jean