incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 23:17:52 GMT
This certainly states the Apache position clearly, Eike.
Since I already have a CLA in file (it only hurt for a moment) it would be
silly for me to argue the case for undocumented contribution any more. The
most sensible route, IMO, is to offer a wiki with 3 contributor levels.
1. Registered users who checkbox a creative-commons eula, or Apache license
agreement. This gives us the ability to run the wiki, and to edit or delete
user content as required. I imagine these users will only be able to comment
on articles, and I expect most of them to abstain.
2. People with CLAs on file, who ike to write how-tos and pages. These
people will be allowed to edit eachother's contributions.
3. Committers who vet and edit the writings of the #2 committers (and
eachother) for possible inclusion in the official documentation.
Persons who perceive this as an honour will write in the wiki. Persons what
consider this structure to be an enormous pita will probably still write in
wikipedia, where the contributors are mostly of type #2.

Wolf

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CWIKI/Index#Index-Ifweusethewikitomaintainprojectdocumentation%2Carethereanyspecialconsiderations%3F

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CWIKI/Index#Index-Butwhatifwewouldlikethecommunityatlargetohelpmaintainthespace%3F