incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Wolf Halton <wolf.hal...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:50:56 GMT
If you go back to the founding of the support forums, you will find there is
what amounts to a charter for the support organization. The bureaucrats and
a few other roles stemmed from that. We were attempting to create an
organization that was more than simply a support website. Being one of the
people whose involvement tapered off, I have some empathy for others who got
busy with other things.

All sites I know of have a certain amount of ebb and flow among the
registered members, but even among the registered members, I suspect there
was a large number who visited to research a question without stopping to
log in. I known I do that.

Wolf
Tirelessly evading conventionality for 49 years, so you don’t have to. :-)

http://www.statistik.baden-wuerttemberg.de/Veroeffentl/Monatshefte/essay.asp?xYear=2004&xMonth=11&eNr=11