incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <>
Subject Re: Apache project community and external community
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 09:56:24 GMT
On 30 August 2011 21:30, Rob Weir <> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 3:49 PM, Raphael Bircher <> wrote:
>> Hi Rob
>> Am 30.08.11 20:52, schrieb Rob Weir:
>>> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Raphael Bircher<>  wrote:

>> * That it's strange to organize Events under Apache

What do you find strange?

The new model of event organisation in the ASF is still in development
(like most things at the ASF very little is fixed in stone). We (the
Conference Committee) would welcome your assistance in making the
model work better for ASF projects.

> What will not be possible is for an independent group of volunteers to
> organized an event in their country, and call it "Apache OpenOffice
> Foo" and hold this event without coordinating and seeking the approval
> from the Apache Conferences Committee.  But if they do the
> coordination, then I don't see a problem.

A few short years ago engaging with ConCom was next to impossible.
However, due to some hard work over recent years this has changed and
we are now seeing a significant growth in community run events.
Getting ConCom support for a proposed event is not hard.

View raw message