incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Fundraising
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 18:12:35 GMT
On 15 August 2011 10:05, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> I don't have any specific comment on this; you might talk to fundraising@.

No point. The ASF does not pay for any kind of development, under any
circumstances. We don't take targetted donations (an EU grant is by
definition targetted). I would be *extremely* surprised if this were
to change.

That is not to say that the idea is bad, but that it cannot happen
inside the ASF. All financial transactions relating to specific
projects and project development occur outside the ASF. For the record
there are a number of projects in the incubator that were created and
continue to be supported by EU funded activities outside the ASF.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)