incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache BarCamp - Oxford University Club, Sep 11
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:25:28 GMT
On 4 August 2011 15:14, Ian Lynch <ianrlynch@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 August 2011 14:33, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>

>> On 3 Aug 2011, at 21:02, Donald Harbison wrote:
>>
>> > I am keen to help facilitate an Apache OpenOffice theme within the
>> upcoming
>> > Apache BarCamp scheduled for Oxford on September 11[1].
>> > In particular, it would be great if developers from both OpenOffice and
>> > LibreOffice could meetup. We can organically shape the event depending on
>> > who opts in.
>> > If you choose to do so, join up on the wiki as footnoted. I will
>> definitely
>> > be there. FWIW. :)
>>
>> You should go over the the Document Foundation list and invite people if
>> you want them to attend, the vast majority do not follow this list. Sadly I
>> doubt I can stay over for the weekend (I'll be at the Transfer Summit) so
>> it's not really appropriate for me to issue the invite.
>>

> I can post the details there if it helps.

Yes please.

This is a BarCamp. What happens there is defined by the people who
attend. The schedule is not defined until the day itself, so this is a
great opportunity for a neutral space to explore whatever comes to
mind.

The only reason "Apache" is in the title is because the ASF underwrite
the fixed costs. Please encourage the LibreOffice people to attend, I
am sure there are people there that know what a barcamp is and how
they work.

Ross