incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [Marketing] Questions
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:34:29 GMT
2011/8/31 Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> sorry for posting the excerpt of an email in a foreign language ...
> maybe    http://translate.google.de/  helps to understand the content.

[Snip and invite to present at a LInux Day event]

> Questions to the Apache way:

I can't answer all your questions as some are community related, but
from an ASF point of view...

> I was asked to speak in this small event in Landau / Germany.
> 1. Question: it is allowed to go there?                         ---> I
> have a sponsor for the costs: family budget
>    or do we don't "pay peanuts, get monkeys"

The ASF does not sponsor such costs for individual projects.
Unfortunately it cannot do so due to the 501c(s) rules. You need to
find a private sponsor if you wish to attend.

> 3. there will be someone speaking about LibO
> 3.1 Question: it is allowed for me to speak about ApacheOOo?

Absolutely.

> 3.2 Question: it is allowed to ask [bhv publishing GmbH]
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/**8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.**odt<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8268859/PI-OpenOfficeV33Pro.odt>
>
>                    to sponsor some books

I'm not sure what you mean "sponsor some books"

Ross