incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Apache project community and external community
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 13:04:25 GMT
On 31 August 2011 13:54, Raphael Bircher <r.bircher@gmx.ch> wrote:

> So you agree that the ASF don't cover all needs for the OOo Community and
> there sould be thrid parties who cover this needs. Right?

That's not really what I said, but it's not so far from my point that
I need to argue the specifics. However, if you want to interpret that
way and therefore want to go off and do marketing (or any other of the
activities you believe are not covered here at the ASF) then I would
certainly welcome the additional contributions to the Apache OOo
project that would be a direct result of your valuable work.

On the other hand, if you want to do those things here in the ASF I'd
see the benefits more immediately and may even be able to complement
your efforts myself. I imagine others in the community will have
similar views, but we are all free to choose our own paths here.

Ross

Ross