incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: [www] Color me Copyright-confused
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:46:05 GMT
On 10 August 2011 15:37, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> That wasn't me. My view is we don't mess with notices (or their absence) and licenses
until after we have guidance from legal-/license-discuss, not the other way around.  This
is not a CtR deal in my opinion.

Apologies for misrepresenting your position - unintentional of course.

> Also, apparently an Apache Terms of Use for web sites is forthcoming, and we are definitely
in need of that and how it applies to a third-party site that we propose to migrate/operate.

Perhaps someone here at OO.o can go over to the legal-discuss@ list
and offer to push this forwards.

"forthcoming" in the ASF can sometimes mean that it has been agreed
that it is needed and we're waiting for someone to take the lead. I'm
not sure if that is the case here, but a quick question on
legal-discuss will reveal all.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)