incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 16:01:36 GMT
On 8 August 2011 16:14, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com> wrote:

> From my perspective, I don't see the one BIG list as bad, but it would be
> VERY helpful if folks could label messages more succinctly and restrict
> discussion to rather specific aspects.

+1

Not to mention useful subject lines (take a look at what the original
subject was for the thread I took this from - I didn't edit the
original and it is not truncated)

> And, documenting what's been discussed is CRITICAL! It is madness to try to
> sift through these messages to get to the "implementable" aspects.

+1

I really like the practice I see in some communities where someone
will take long rambling threads and post a "[summary] foo bar" mail
the the thread periodically. This is brilliant for those needing to
catch up and also acts as a description of "impementable" conclusions
and community consensus that is emerging.

Ross