incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Access to wiki
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 21:14:07 GMT
On 4 August 2011 18:58, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> I much prefer us to deal with this on individual, specific, concrete cases.  As long
as there is permissive use for big chunks, we need to avoid solving problems that we intend
not to have, lest the law-of-unintended-consequences imposes an unaffordable tax.  With regard
to existing materials, we will have to simply deal with what those are.

+1

I said "This is no different to accepting and applying a patch to code. The
committer has to make ask herself "does this patch contain significant
IP, because if it does I need to get an iCLA before applying it".
Furthermore when the committer finds themselves thinking "hey, this is
the fifth significant patch from Joe that I've applied with no
changes" they should propose them as a committer."

I should have also pointed out that there is rarely value IP in
documentation contributions made via a wiki.

Ross