incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2011 01:13:16 GMT
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 3:03 AM, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:

> Thanks, T.J.    I hope you do continue volunteering.
>
> I'd like to at least see a list of all existing super-users on the
> wiki, so we can confirm:
>
> 2) That they are signed up on the ooo-dev list.  I think it is hard to
> be a an effective wiki admin, reviewing content, etc. and making
> judgement calls, and encouraging editors, if you are not following the
> progress of the project discussions on its main list.

I don't actually think this is necessary. Over at httpd we manage just
fine with keeping our wiki gardened and useful without assuming that
the wiki admins are involved or interested in the primary -dev list.
(-dev lists can be pretty overwhelming at times!)

Granted, we have a -docs list there that we don't have here, but I
think as long as some of the -dev folk are on the wiki team, there's
no need for all of the wiki team to be on -dev.

> As for being a committer, I wouldn't hold that to be a requirement for
> being a wiki admin/moderator.  I think being appointed and answerable
> to the PPMC is sufficient.

I think having an ICLA on file would be useful for admins; I don't
know that it's *necessary*, per se, but I'd definitely regard that
level of work as a "contribution", and so it's nice to have :-) It
also makes the process quicker/easier if we later vote any of these
folk in as committers.

Noirin