incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Request for comments: Community Wiki Services web page.
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 00:04:06 GMT
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com> wrote:

> I assume at some point we create additional lists, and maybe one will
> be an ooo-general or something.  I'd be happy at that point to only
> require subscription to the general list.
>
> Would that make more sense?

For admins, sure, I think that's fair. I'd like to see the new list
created before it's made a requirement though; ooo-dev is too noisy to
be useful for this.

> I think it is necessary (whether ooo-dev or newly created list, TDB)
> for two reasons:
>
> 1) To stay informed about the project.
>
> 2) To keep the PPMC informed about issues on the wiki

Making sure someone's subscribed doesn't actually guarantee anything
about the communication :-) Having a list where people can actually
follow along makes for much better comms.