incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Nóirín Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 12:47:16 GMT
2011/8/12 Jürgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com>:
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:
>
>> Maybe. But I see no reason why this list needs the protection of being on a
>> controlled access page and would suggest doing so is what needs justifying.
>> I have not seen a reasoned counter to my proposal for it to be on the
>> community wiki, so will probably create such a page soon (unless someone
>> else wants to).
>>

> I think Rob has already pointed out why the list of tags besides the mailing
> list is a good idea and i support it.

Just so that silence isn't assumed to be assent, I think both Rob and
Simon have good points, but I support the idea of putting the list of
tags in a location that's more accessible to new contributions (ie,
the wiki), even if that means it has to be one extra click for folk
who visit the website.

Noirin