incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Making mailing lists useful (was Re: [Proposal])
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 10:15:48 GMT
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:21 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 10 Aug 2011, at 23:12, Rob Weir wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 5:28 PM, Kay Schenk <kay.schenk@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> be
> restrict

> try

> >> Great idea if we could find a volunteer! I tried to do this (only once)
> on
> >> the "refactoring discussion" but I'll tell you some of these discussions
> are
> >> SO lengthy it's impossible.
> >>
> >> Maybe we'll do better (and some good soul will step up for the
> documentation
> >> aspects) if we can adhere to some discussion standards.
> >>

> > We have a mailing lists page:
> >
> > A list of proposed subject tags would fit very well there, after the
> > first paragraph.   Committers can easily edit this using the Apache
> > CMS in their browsers:
> >
> > http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/docs/edit-cms.html
> >
> > For example, I just added the link the email tips earlier today.
>
> It would be better to put the list of subject tags on the community wiki so
> that those of us who've not been invited to be committers can also edit it.

where is the problem here, if you want to be a committer you know the rules
and can follow them. I don't see a real problem if you contribute valuable
content to the project. If you should have a problem with the iCLA then it
is your problem.

And by the way new tags will or should  be discussed here anyway and
probably some of the committers will add new approved tags quite fast.

Juergen