incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jürgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [email] openoffice.org email / user transition
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:07:10 GMT
On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Shane Curcuru <asf@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:

> Note that the issue of monetary contributions and/or donations is a major
> one, especially since there are real policy differences between how
> OpenOffice.org used to work under Sun/Oracle and how the ASF does it's
> fundraising.  In particular, the ASF has a fundraising@apache.org team and
> VP who work on fundraising for all projects; individual projects do not
> specifically solicit for funds (other than to link to the ASF Sponsorship
> page, etc.).

thanks for this information, i still have to learn a lot about the ASF.

The point is that the amount of donated money is not to disregarded and it
have allowed us to sponsor projects like the OpenOffice.org internship
(~27000 Euro) etc.

> I would urge the PPMC to start a separate thread dealing with the
> contributing.oo.o page, the relationship with SPI, and any other fundraising
> matters.

good point

> Get a description of any pre-existing ways that funds might have come into
> the project in the recent past, figure out a proposed plan for what the PPMC
> would like to do in the future, and then work with fundraising@ (a
> privately archived list) to move forward.

i will try to figure that out and it will come back with related
information...

Juergen