incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>
Subject Re: Donated hardware (was: Mac buildbot)
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 13:49:37 GMT
On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 4 Aug 2011, at 08:47, Florian Effenberger wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> maybe someone from this list can help.
>>
>> Two or three years ago, I organized the loan of a Mac buildbot from an anonymous
supporter, which has been kindly hosted at the Sun respectively Oracle office building in
Hamburg. It's a Mac Pro machine, if needed I can look up the exact technical details.

>> The machine's name was buildbot-mac1.services.openoffice.org.
>>
>> However, for quite a while it seems to be unreachable, and since the recent changes,
there's no contact person anymore.

>> Does anyone know where this machine is at the moment? Since it's a loan where I'm
in charge of, I hope someone can help.

> This raises an interesting question. I'm aware of other hardware that was donated to
the project (such as the Pootle server) which presumably should be transferred to Apache since
it was not Oracle's property. Do we know where this equipment is? Where would Apache host
such systems?

At the moment, all we have is a Software Grant.  While we could chose
to go back and ask for me (and likely will when it comes to other
source files that we determine we might need), I see nothing that
indicates that we have a need to request the transfer of hardware.

As to the question as to whether or not such hardware is Oracle's
property, I have no opinion on the topic.

> S.

- Sam Ruby