incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From RGB ES <rgb.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: users@openoffice.org [Was: Re: [Discussion] dev@openoffice.org]
Date Tue, 23 Aug 2011 19:51:40 GMT
2011/8/23 Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net>:

> This road is getting old.  We have already discussed this, back in June.  I
> saw the same old discussion on the LibO list last year.

Yes, and it was a sad show... People can get very vocal about this
"holy war" between forums and ML. For my part I do not want to see
that silly war again here...
I'd just check, and the Spanish forums have more than 20 new messages
a day with peaks of twice that number. I do not have statistics from
other forums (only admins can see that), but my estimation for the
English forums is more than 200 messages/day. Add the French, Italian
forums... You'll get several *hundreds* of messages each day.
I think that even a master of mail filtering will find such volume of
messages *each day* a daunting prospective...
I regularly participate on the Spanish, English and Italian forums and
do not have problems managing that number of messages.
Cheers
Ricardo