incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Manfred A. Reiter" <ma.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Refactoring the brand: Apache ooo + OpenOffice.org? (was re:OpenOffice.org branding)
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 06:39:37 GMT
2011/8/3 Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Manfred A. Reiter <ma.reiter@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/8/2 Rob Weir <apache@robweir.com>
> >
> >> On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Andy Brown <andy@the-martin-byrd.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> I poked around and found this page:
> >>
> >> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Special:Statistics
> >>
> >> This lists some additional roles (with counts)
> >>
> >> Administrators (26)
> >> Bureaucrats (4)
> >> Editors (20)
> >> Reviewers (5)
> >>
> >> Those are in addition to 35,020 User accounts.
> >>
> >> Curiously, it reports only 5 of the 35,020 users as having been active
> >> in the past 7 days.
> >>

> > did you poked around 1 year ago as well?
> > do you have an explanation, why these numbers are slowing down?
> >
> > with the statistic above you don't increase the credibility ...
> >
> > or
> >
> > http://www.statistik.baden-wuerttemberg.de/Veroeffentl/Monatshefte/essay.asp?xYear=2004&xMonth=11&eNr=11

1. did you read the first sentence in the link above?
more or less - Churchill: "I only belive in statistics, which I have
mainpulated myself."
or "the only statistics you can trust are those you falsified yourself"

> One of the biggest mistakes I made when I moved into my house was to ...
... [fairy-tail deleted]

> With the wiki, if we really want to allow anyone to have write access
> to it, then we really need to be committed to fight the weeds, which
> in the case of wikis would be spam, low quality content, edit wars,
> etc.  If we can re-establish the community participation level the way
> it was a year ago, then great.  It would have a chance of success.
> But right now I see almost no activity on the wiki.  35,000 user
> accounts, but no users.  If this doesn't change, the weeds will surely
> win.

2. May be, my english is not good enough to understand, wheather your
your response answers my questions.

M.