incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Phipps <si...@webmink.com>
Subject Re: User support - what do others do
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:16:48 GMT
On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Andreas S├Ąger <villeroy@t-online.de> wrote:

> Please show us a single spam posting, a single off topic thread, duplicate,
> unsubscribe rant, heavy trolling, meta-topic about using the forum, any
> violation of netiquette or forum rules that survives longer than one or two
> hours.

It's great. No complaints.

This wheel must not be reinvented while spinning smoothly.

If only that was an option. It's just not on Apache infrastructure, so one
day soon-ish will need to move elsewhere. I am not complaining about it,
just speaking abstractly about the difference between mailing lists and
forums as we consider out migration options.

In fact I am actually asserting that our future replacement for Oracle's
infrastructure /should be a forum/ and not a mailing list!  My assertion
that forums needs staffing is clearly true, because that's what is actually
happening :-)

S.